1819 Main Street, Suite 610
Sarasota, FL 34236
Peter Z. Skokos is a Shareholder and a member of our real-estate practice group. He practices primarily in the area of real estate, banking and business transactions. He represents developers and landowners in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of commercial, industrial and residential projects.
He also represents national, regional and local lenders in preparing loan documentation and closing commercial and residential loan transactions as well as assisting lenders with loan workouts including the preparation of settlement agreements, deed in lieu of foreclosures and forbearance agreements. Mr. Skokos has an AV Rating by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest peer review rating attainable.He received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Florida State University in 1982, where he was a member of the Beta Alphi Psi Honorary Accounting Fraternity.
He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida in 1986. Prior to attending Law school, Mr. Skokos worked with the accounting firm of KPMG Peat Marwick and obtained his Certified Public Accounting Certificate in 1984.Mr. Skokos is a member of the Florida Bar Section on Real Property; Probate and Trust Law as well as a member of the Sarasota County Bar Association.
He is also actively involved in a number of charitable, civic and professional organizations, including the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance and is a founding Board Member of the Sarasota Seminole Club. Mr. Skokos also serves on the Board of Directors of the Gulf Coast CEO Forum, Manatee-Sarasota Building Industry Association Board of Directors and the Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. (1986)
- Florida State University, B.S., Accounting (1982)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Sarasota Seminole Club
- Gulf Coast CEO Forum, Board member
- Manatee-Sarasota Building Industry Association, Board member
- Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation, Board member
- Sarasota Association of Realtors, Public Policy Committee
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Suncoast, Inc., past Board Member