1819 Main Street, Suite 610
Sarasota, FL 34236
Sam D. Norton is a Shareholder and a member of our real-estate practice group and practices primarily in the areas of real estate, banking, corporate and business transactions.
He is a 1981 graduate of the University of Florida, where he earned his bachelors degree with a major in finance. He earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Stetson University College of Law in 1984, cum laude. At Stetson, Mr. Norton was chosen to serve on the Law Review. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1985. Mr. Norton has an AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest peer review rating attainable.A board certified real-estate attorney, Mr. Norton has practiced law in Sarasota since 1985.
He is a past Chairman of the Joint Committee of the Sarasota Board of Realtors/Sarasota County Bar Association, and has served as a member of the Board of Directors for numerous nonprofit organizations, including the American Heart Association, Senior Friendship Centers Foundation, Plymouth Harbor Continuing Care Retirement Community, Suncoast Foundation, Sarasota Film Festival, The Education Foundation of Sarasota County and the Downtown Partnership of Sarasota.In addition, Mr. Norton is a member of the Board of Directors of Insignia Bank and the Argus Foundation and serves on the Executive Committee for the University of Florida Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. (1984)
- University of Florida, B.A., Finance (1981)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Joint Committee of the Sarasota Board of Realtors/Sarasota County Bar Association, past Chairman
- Insignia Bank, Board Member
- Argus Foundation, Board Member
- University of Florida Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies, Executive Committee